Friday, December 21, 2007

There's a Reason Why Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" is the Most Popular Karaoke Song

I watched Orange County last night, and I've realized that my dream to go to Stanford is no different from the protagonist in the movie, whose name escapes me at the moment. I've realized that I really do want to escape this place. I want to escape the pettiness of the population.
For example, my principal wouldn't talk to me at the beginning of this school year because I wrote him a letter at the end of last year about how disgusted I was with his leadership skills, or lack thereof. Now, oh sadness, he goes out of his way to say hello to me. So I go out of my way to avoid him.
My dad and I drove the tractor over to our house this afternoon, froze to death, and lifted ourselves in the bucket of the front-end loader to make a lighted archway leading in to our driveway. It's incredible.
And now it's snowing. Again. Which is just another excuse NOT to go to the dance at the school tonight, which I wasn't going to anyway, but when my friends ask me why I wasn't there, I can say I couldn't drive in the snow.
So, these guys spend their whole lives doing this. I think. Because they have a website devoted to it.
www.eepybird.com
I just wanted to inform everyone that I've decided what my future occupation is going to be. I am going to be a registered nerd. Not a geek. A nerd is a geek minus the social skills. I will live my life having love affairs with test tubes and beakers of hydrochloric acid. Or Diet Coke.

1 comment:

Laura Kling said...

I guess somebody has to make a living off of diet Coke and Mentos.

I will say I'm glad I'm not that person.

We had another horrible storm, but we can't have a snow day, because it's Christmas break.