Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Snow Day Thoughts

There. I've done it. My first post.

I know most of you applied early somewhere, but I, the great procrastinator that I am, decided against it, "to keep my options open". And the deadline isn't until January 1st, so, of course, I have waited until the last moment to write all of my essays. I've been struggling against a writer's block, which is really more of a personal rebellion against college essay prompts, which isn't really going to hurt anyone but myself, I realize that.
"Who or what influenced you to apply here?" "Tell us why this college is a good place for you?"
My great friend sarcasm looks more beautiful every day, when prompts from hell haunt my disturbed dreams.

School is horrible, as always. And, as always, I am enjoying it, wallowing in all that misery. My calculus class is a waste of time. Chemistry is impossible. I fail all of the vocabulary tests, and manage to ace most of the problems tests, which are much harder. There is no way I'm passing English. No matter how hard I try, I always get bad grades in seminar. Seeing as there are only five out of the twenty in the class who actually participate, I wonder if the bad grades come from participating too much.
And, I'm in choir. My choir teacher informed me I actually can sing, which I highly doubt.

It's snowing in Colorado, thus, the snow day. All the ski slopes are open, and there's some really nice fresh powder, if anyone is interested. Also, there's an extra room in my house, at least until winter break when my sister gets back.

I miss you all terribly.
Love,
Ana

5 comments:

Laura Kling said...

I have a snow day too! We keep losing power for twenty seconds at a time, and by the time I reset my clock, it's gone again. I think it's quit for a while, though.

Ana, I've only applied to Yale and Truman State. Only those two. I may die.

I think you're wonderful, and I miss you a whole bunch. I wish we could go to college together. Have fun with my friend Evan. I wish we had a TASP plane, so we could fly to visit you. We could land on a field of snow.

Ana said...

How is Missouri? I heard about the storms on the radio, and it sounds much worse than here. It snowed until noon, now it's stopped, but it's supposed to start again.

Laura Kling said...

I don't know if it was really bad here at all. I mean, they called off school, and the tree next to my house lost a whole bunch of branches, but the roads were fine, from what I heard. We didn't really get any snow. Just freezing rain, and then just rain. It was so drippy all day. But it got up to 34 degrees!

Ana said...

Wait, so how cold has it been?
Right now, it's a balmy 18F over here.

Laura Kling said...

Well, that's been the low around here. Highs in the mid to high 20s, or maybe even lower 30s.

Ana, they've canceled school for tomorrow. Ugh. I don't know what I'm going to do. Ugh. It's like a weekend made of Sundays.