Wednesday, January 2, 2008

We are totally up for College Town Bagels. Like, right now!

So, Mac and Laura and I are here in Gili's sister's bedroom. Gili is asleep. She has to show up to HG high school tomorrow morning. Mac and I thought of showing up with her, too (just for mental support), but the idea was quickly discarded.

Laura is snoozing (sort of). She wakes up every 5 minutes or so. She has to leave tomorrow morning before 8. :( (emoticons are so limiting... :( )

Mac is playing with a giant, purple, plush dice. He's still in his PJs.

Which is not such a weird thing. Aurélie is too. We all got up very late, and we didn't go out at all, so it's not like it even mattered. I always wore my red basketball shorts and black shirt at tasp, which i slept in pretty much every night (except for the nights when we didn't sleep at all).

Yesterday, when we got back from Brooklyn around 3:07 AM, we ravaged Gili's fridge. We had spaghetti and pizza and Fresca and crackers and tiramisu (Y-U-M!) and chocolate covered strawberries. I might be forgetting something. Then we watched the office for a little while. It was so CBTAish, it was incredible. The only thing that was missing was the foosball table.

I really miss College Town Bagels. I am totally up for a late-night bagel run. Right. Now. I think it would be the perfect way to cap a long, lazy day--kind of like TASP: sleeping through seminar...reading Foucault...and staying up way, way longer than is appropriate. But sadly, no CTB for us. :(

Laura's definitely asleep now. She hasn't woken up since we started this blog post. It's depressing to think she's leaving so soon...but anyway, we already talked about this, and I don't want to get repetitive.

So! Let's talk about something a little more interesting. Like...the weather. We've all managed to escape some pretty awful weather back home. Except for Mac, who lives in the middle of a tropical wasteland. It's the definition of temperate in Arizona right now. But it's freezing cold in Montréal and Kirksville. So awful. I don't know how they're going to survive.

Tomorrow Aurélie and I are off on an adventure through the Big City. Not much is planned as of yet, but I know we're going to visit Labyrinth Books (coming highly recommended from a certain Mr. Kenny), and...some museum. Aurélie remains mysteriously close-lipped about the name of the place, so I don't quite know what to expect. Pray for my soul.

I have faith in Aurélie's taste in art, though. She's a good deal more cultured than I am. And now I'm boggarting the post. Maybe I shall turn over the reins to Aurélie now, in keeping with the multivocal nature of the post. Or maybe not.

No, he shouldn't have. Because Mac is a lot more Charmin(') than I am. He's a bro. But that's okay, together we make a good team...we churn out gibberish like no other.

Oh, and you might also want to know that we're listening to Different Trains at the moment. Not that there is a train track that I know of around here in Chappaqua, but Steve Reich is there to make up for that. There are deer in Chappaqua, though. And they like to watch the Office with us through Gili's sitting room's bay window.

Sur ce, we do hope that we haven't confused the heck out of everyone too much by switching voices all the time. (Can you make out who wrote what?)

Sorry about the disjointedness of this post. We love you all. Like, tons.

Love,
Mac and Aurélie

PS: Also, if we were at CTB right now, Mac would be having a "Bronx" bagel (it entails Pepper jack cheese, scrambled eggs, and some other ingredients) and I would have the good ol' Jonas Jive...or was it Jona's Jive?

3 comments:

Ana said...

I'll have a Veggie Bagel, please!
I want to be with you guys in my pj's so bad. Your post made me cry.
Love you guys.

Dylan Kenny said...

Jonah's Jive! And Labyrinth Books is now Book Culture - but still great.

Laura Kling said...

The weather is more interesting than me?

I don't really know what to say to that. Part of me thinks you guys are jerks. Part of me just wants to agree.

It's so cold here.