Monday, January 14, 2008

Jabberwocky.

Alina Hasanain decides to end her relative silence w.r.t. this blog...

It's nearly 1 AM and I should be finishing my essay(s) for homework. Instead, I'm trying to fight jet lag after a thirty-six hour trip by YouTubing (of course).

Apparently, this video was shown in my AP Biology class while I was gone. I'm sure many of you have seen it, but I think it will enhance the beauty of our blog just as much as a certain German's outrageous campaign ad does. So Nietzche has an awesome mustache (I've always preferred "moustache," actually. Friedrich seems like he has a "moustache," not a "mustache"). So what. Protein synthesis is cooler, anyway.

If you want to skip the intro, go to 3:20.

Beware the...Ribosomereleasingfactor...

Interpretive dance is so TASP. Methinks we should reenact this video at our next reunion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9dhO0iCLww

3 comments:

Aurélie said...

Oh man, Alina, you're so amazing! I wish I had watched this video ages ago. It makes me:
1) Rethink the way I feel about biology.
2) Wish I were born thirty years earlier.
3) Hail Lewis Carroll!

And I'm completely down with reenacting this at the next TASP reunion. I would totally vote for Dominick or Dylan to be the guy shouting "tRNA...woohoo...protein releasing factor...oh oooh!".

Anonymous said...

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
You are a wunderkind for finding this. Youtube is the lovely engraved treasure chest of the InterWeb.
I'm going to suggest to my Bio teacher that our class perform this in front of the school.
If she's in a good mood, she might give us extra credit for it.

Ana said...

I think this is amazing. I've seen clips of this, but never the full thing. We should really, really, really, really, do this at our TASP reunion. And yes to Dylan and Dominick yelling "woohoo". Also, can we invite Sandy? I think she would love to analyze the conflicts in this reenactment.