Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Procrastination

So, it's half-past midnight, and I have elected to defer the completion of my reader's response journal to indulge my nascent YouTube addiction and to solicit comiseration from my beloved TASPers.

I hate Bradenton and its arrogant I.B. students. Not that I wish to speak ill of my friends, but just to illustrate: last night I gave a speech to persuade impressionable freshman to join the club of which I am president; I had worked for an inordinate amount of time on the preparation of a speech and the compilation of promotional literature. Upon completing my speech, I was relieved, yes; but that brief and shining euphoria was to be quickly tarnished by my friends who felt compelled to tell me, "You really need to learn how to give a speech, darling. You were drab and monotone; such a shame, considering how eloquent you are." Do I hear a "by the way, betch, FUCK YOU" through the bits and bytes of cyberspace?

None of my TASPers would have spoken to me that way, regardless of how "drab and monotone" my oratory may have been. But my wonderful I.B. STUDENTS would...and I must endure this hell for one more year. This is worse than "just the tip".

But, how go my TASPers? to whom I long to say...
HEY BETCH.

4 comments:

Laura Kling said...

Niko, we're like kindred spirits. I'm not doing my reader's logs right now, just like you!

I bet it wasn't actually drab and monotone, anyway. I bet they're actually just grumpy, and jealous, and incapable of appreciating your brilliance.
I also bet that all of the impressionable freshmen who heard your speech are thinking to themselves, "Oh, man, what do I do? I totally want to join that club now, because that speech was so inspiring, but I'm kind of intimidated by that speaker's brilliance. No, scratch that, I'm totally intimidated by that speaker's brilliance."

Abigail Lind said...

I don't know - I might have said that. Everyone knows that you, Niko, are the most drab and monotonous TASPer.

Seriously, though - I'm sure you did fine, although Laura does have a point - if it was anything like your Pubspeak, they will be so intimidated by your brilliance that they will be conflicted about joining. We should speak on the phone, by the way. CALL ME, BETCH.

Gili said...

Wow, Abigail. I could hear you saying that and it was great and sad because you're not actually saying it out loud, I'm just hearing it in my head. Though you might have said it out loud because I sometimes read what I'm typing out loud, so maybe you did too. Although, I can't hear you saying 'betch' but I really wish I could because I imagine it would also be great. And anyway, to get to my point, Niko I love you. That's all that matters. The end. So fuck those IB betches who don't know shit.

Gili said...

Oh and this is Gili, if you didn't catch that. I didn't feel like typing my full name in the thing. I'm tired.