Thursday, August 23, 2007

Post-TASP thoughts

Ever since I enrolled in high school, I eagerly waited to be a senior. The attention, the senior parties, and the senior trip around Europe were the reasons why I found senior year so appealing. Now, when senior year is about to begin, I am indifferent about it. I just don't care. Everything seems so meaningless now. Even the lifestyle I had before TASP seems faulty now. All I want is to get in college, nothing more.

The previous three years of high school passed very quickly. I feel senior year won't be that enjoyable. I will have only a few people with whom I can discuss some meaningful ideas. Yet, I won't be able to hear appealing debates on the topics of universal morality, Camus, abstinence, clash of civilizations, the power of money... I won't be able to listen to many different adaptations of Straight Outta Compton. I won't bother to look at the sunsets because I know they won't be as good as they are when you observe them from the peace sign or the top of Olin Library.

The key force that will aid me in the process of college applications and senior-year survival is the desire to see my fellow TASPers again and the possibility of a TASP reunion. Sincerely, if there were no TASP, I would not be inspired enough to work hard to get into a college in the U.S. Even though I know it will be difficult to get in, I hope I will. Once I do, I know I will be truly happy and content again. I will have the unique opportunity to meet some of you again.

Whatever I do and wherever I go, I know that my fellow TASPers are some of the best people I could ever meet in my life. One does not meet people like you often. It's been an honor and a pleasure to get to know you. All of you.

No comments: