Thursday, August 7, 2008

Laura's crazy, but Mac's boring, which is worse.

I think I'm probably a little crazy. I'm always really hesitant to post on here, because I think, "Jeez, they're going to think I'm totally wacko. They're going to think I spend all my time on this blog, just posting stuff that no one wants to read. I'll be such a bother."

As is evident, I think about it probably too much.
I also forget that the fact that I always check the blog, compulsively, as I told Aurelie, doesn't mean I'm actually communicating. I mean, you guys can't tell. I'm a little crazy.

Mac says, "A little?" Mac says I'm a lot crazy, apparently. Mac's kind of a jerk, you guys.

Mac's also contributing to this post, and doesn't think this is fair. Mac says, "I could just delete all of that." But then I wouldn't be communicating, either.

Hey you guys, Mac came to visit me! In scenic Kirksville! Super exciting! Scenic northeast Missouri (NEMO), specifically. We drove around the House district today, seeing the beautiful hills and being friendly. Also running political errands. Because that's what I spend so much time doing.

We miss you guys. I read the post Julieta wrote, and the posts everyone else wrote, and we're all nostalgic, and I think it's great. Mac said I sound generic, and that I make him sound like an awful person, to which he objects strongly. Mac is not an awful person. But I digress.
Mac and my brother, Andrew, whom some of you have met, are making fun of me for needing to sleep eight hours a night. They're saying I'm a sloth, and that I have too many toes. I say they're inaccurate. I am not a three-toed sloth, or any kind of sloth. Nope.

Anyway, yes. We do miss you guys. When I read the posts, I wanted to be all, "Oh my gosh, totally, I totally miss you guys!" That was my immediate response. I sound kind of vapid, guys. It's terrible. That's not Mac making a value judgment, that's me being critical. Mac's being quiet, instead of making fun of me. Only now he's doing it passive-aggressively. You guys miss us so much, right?
Mac's not a terrible person. He's being really nice and not saying anything about the typos I keep making. And in general, he's a pretty okay guy. Awww.

Anyway. Again. We've got a point. Mac says I shouldn't digress again. But I'm getting to the point. Which is that you all, to me, to us, are inspiring. Meeting you, and getting to know you, and falling in love with each of you, mattered. And still matters. You still matter to us. Julieta mentioned that she still thinks about TASP every day. I read that, and it seemed like a strange statement to me. I hadn't really thought about it before. But you guys, I can't imagine not thinking about TASP, or all of you, or living in the house and the whole beautiful summer every day.

I'm glad you all say stuff like that, though, because then I know it's not just me. And then I don't feel like I'm quite as totally crazy. So that's good.
Mac agrees.

Incidentally, we're having fun here in Kirksville. Mac's computer is really cool, because it changes colors. And there's aliens on it.

7 comments:

Gili said...

HI LAURA! You're not crazy. Or maybe we all are.
HI MAC, I guess.

Ana said...

I agree with the latter, Gili!
We are all mad. But our madness is beautiful and communal. Or something...

Big Mac said...

I think Laura and Gili both hate me. I wish they didn't. I love them both! And Ana! I love you, too! And everyone else, too. I would have written an official blogpost, but Laura wouldn't let me, because she's awful.

Laura Kling said...

That's such a lie! You're such a liar! All you want to do is tell our mutual friends things that aren't true. What a horrible person you are, Mac.

Big Mac said...

Maybe. This is possible. I could be lying. At least about the 'being awful' part. The rest of it is true. I'm sorry I'm such a horrible person, Laura. I guess we just can't be friends.

Julieta said...

Oh God! I really really want Laura and Mac to sandwich hug me RIGHT now!! That sounded kind of egregious and nonsensical--I guess I mean I just want to be in the middle of a big Mac-and-Laura hug. Actually, I really want to be in a big, big group hug with all of my favorite people--guess who they are? And yes, ALL TASPers, even the ones I love to hate (guess who that is too) I love that you digress. And I have one last thing to add: When is someone coming to come visit me??

Julieta said...

Oh, and it is a great comfort to me that you are always madly checking this blog's activity. Now at least I know that when I post a comment that it will never go unread!